Monday, June 16, 2014

Onto #2

It was just 1 month ago that I was saying I didn't know if I'd carry again.  Well, I happened to be introduced to an amazing couple and we've all decided to move forward.  Timing lined up pretty well and the hubs and I are traveling to their RE clinic tomorrow (Tuesday) and will be staying until Thursday morning.  We have appointments ALL DAY on Wednesday for about 10 hours.  It'll be filled with blood work, internal ultrasound, psych testing, and a group psych meeting to make sure we're all on the same page.  My attorney and I have been working on the contract for a while and finally made all of the changes we wanted to submit back to their attorney for the IP's to review to either accept/reject/counter. 

Worst part is definitely leaving the kids.  The only other time I've been away from them so long was for my last transfer, and even that was a few hours less.  We'll drop Monk off at school tomorrow morning and won't see him until we pick him up from school on Thursday.  I'm also terrified of flying since we had the kids.  I used to love it, last time (after the first u/s) I was about 2 seconds away from a panic attack because of some minor turbulence.  We've not even left yet and I already miss the kids, just knowing that it'll be 2 days without them. 

I'm so excited to meet my IP's face-to-face.  So far they seem amazing, but I think I'll feel like I "know" them more when I see them.  I know IM has an appt at the RE's office at the same time we do, so I'm assuming we'll see her then.  They want to take us to dinner tomorrow night after we get into town, that should be fun, I'm sure I'll be a ball of nerves until we meet though.  I always wonder if IP's get as nervous as surros with phone calls and meetings.  Surprisingly this time I actually wasn't nervous for the phone call, I think because I didn't have a feeling of "I HAVE to match", I went into the whole thing of "if I find the right couple that would be great, if not I already did what I set out to do - help a couple build their family". 

We're definitely praying for a safe trip there and home.

No comments:

Post a Comment